If you’re looking to Sell Agilent Fiber SmartProbe 4 MM 850nm Fiber SmartProbe 4 Wirescope 350
* Transforms the WireScope 350 and Wirescope 155 into a high performance optical fiber power meter and loss meter
* Probe options for 850nm power loss measurements on multimode fiber
* Measures fiber length up to 50 km for SMF an 4 km for MMF
* Certifies fiber to TIA 568A, TIA 568B.3 and ISO 11801
* Network-specific pass/fail determination for 25 fiber interfaces, including Gigabit Ethernet
* Fibers can be tested individually or in pairs for faster testing
* Automatic set up through the WireScope 350 and WireScope 155 intelligent test port interface
* PC upload and management of test results with ScopeData Pro software
Attaching the Fiber SmartProbe+ transforms the WireScope 350 into a high performance optical fiber power meter and loss meter. The Fiber SmartProbe+ product line consists of a family of fiber optic test probes, each of which can function as both a transmitter and a detector. The detectors of all Fiber SmartProbes+ support 850 nm measurements for multimode. This architecture supports both single-ended and double-ended measurements and allows Fiber SmartProbes+ to be used together for double-ended measurements.
Certifies Fiber for Gigabit Ethernet
Fiber SmartProbes+ provide fast and comprehensive certification of installed fiber for use with Gigabit Ethernet equipment. Test profiles are available for both 1000BaseSX and 1000BaseLX and for multimode and singlemode fiber. Fiber SmartProbes+ support a total of 25 network-specific certification tests (see specifications section for detail).
Superior Measurement Performance
Length and propagation delay measurement capabilities are included in the multimode and singlemode Fiber SmartProbe+ modules. As data rates increase on LAN and WAN backbones, maximum feasible fiber transmission distances decrease. For example, a popular version of Gigabit Ethernet can only span 260 meters over optical fiber. It is therefore critical to verify compliance with the maximum length restrictions appropriate for the fiber type and network topologies planned for any new or existing installation. Fiber SmartProbes+ are faster and less expensive than an OTDR – the only alternative to perform this function.
Automatic Loss Budget Certification
TIA 568A, 568B.3 and ISO 11801 contain loss budgets that define the maximum allowable loss for installed fibers as a function of fiber length and the number of splices in a link. Until now, verifying compliance with these loss budgets required expensive OTDR equipment and manual calculations. Fiber SmartProbes+ automate this process to produce fast and accurate loss budget certifications with full test result documentation storage as you go.
ScopeData Pro cable test data management and reporting software is bundled with the WireScope and Fiber SmartProbes+ at no additional charge. Scope Data Pro can upload stored fiber and copper test results into the same database for organized and convenient reporting.
* Receive Wavelengths: Multimode: 850
* Measurement Accuracy: +/- 0.2 dB @ -20 dBm
* Dynamic Range: Multimode: 0 to -40 dBm
* Detector Type: Germanium
* Power Output: Multimode (into 62.5/125 fiber): -11 dBm
* Source Type: LED
* Accuracy (whichever is greater): +/- 4% or +/- 1.5 ns (WS 350); +/- 4% or +/- 6.7 ns (WS 155)
* Resolution: +/- 1.5 ns (WS 350); +/- 6.7 ns (WS 155)
* Range: 0 – 300 µs
* Accuracy (whichever is greater): +/- 4% or +/- 0.3 meters (WS 350) or +/- 1.3 meters (WS 155)
* Resolution: +/- 0.3 meters (WS 350) @ 67% NVP; +/- 1.3 meters (WS 155) @ 67% NVP
* Distance Range1: Multimode: 0 – 4 km for 3.75 dB/km @ 850 nm